The County Lunatic Asylum, opened in 1812, for Pauper Patients, stands on the
east side of the road from Nottingham to Southwell and consists of a main block
with central offices for administrative purposes, two wings for reception of new
cases and detached blocks for the sick and epileptic cases, and has beds for 400
Located in Sneinton.
Alfred Aplin, Physician and Superintendent.
Rev. W. H. C. Malton, Chaplain
F. Gell, Clerk
The Lunatic Hospital, on Coppice Hill, Nottingham, is a brick building for the reception of First and Second class patients belonging to the Town and County of Nottingham, and has room for 110 patients. It is under the management of a committee, appointed by subscribers of £2 2s. yearly at an annual meeting of such subscribers, held in January in each year.
Source: Kelly's Directory 1895
Page updated March 12, 2008 by Rossbret