Bradfield Poor Law Union and Workhouse
The Workhouse situated about three quarters of a mile from the village and three miles from Theale Station - G.W.R. was erected in 1835 from designs by Sampson Kempthorne, architect, and could accommodate 214 paupers.
|Union Officers 1920|
|Chairman of the Board of Guardians||Rev. Alfred J. P. Shepherd|
|Clerk to the Guardians and Assessment Committee||W. Jones|
|Treasurer||F. C. Webster|
|Workhouse Master||John Clamp|
|Workhouse Matron||Mrs Clamp|
|Chaplain||Rev. Thomas Walter Gilbert|
|Medical Officer||Francis Arthur Broddrib|
|Superintendent Registrar||W. Jones|
The Board of Guardians met Tuesdays at 11am at the Workhouse, to discuss Union matters.
Page updated March 12, 2008
Copyright © Rossbret 2001. All rights reserved.