Buckingham Poor Law Union was officially declared 18th June 1835. The Union Workhouse was erected in 1836 from designs by the Architect George Gilbert Scott (1811-1878)
|Workhouses, List of those visited in 1867 With Name of the Workhouse and numbers of insane, idiotic, and imbecile inmates.|
|Source: 22nd Report of the Commissioners in Lunacy to the Lord Chancellor. Submitted by Alan Longbottom.|
Society of Genealogists 1841 Index to Workhouse Inmates for all Buckinghamshire Unions
Telephone: (01296) 382587;
Page updated March 12, 2008
Copyright © Rossbret 1999-2002. All rights reserved.