Formed approximately 1794 as a Gilberts Union, as a result
of Gilbert's Act of 1782 comprising the Parishes of Farnborough and Yately, and
the tithings of Cove and Hawley. Hartley Wintney joined from 1798 to 1827.
Eversley with Branshill tithing was included from 1802 until 1806.
The Incorporation was dissolved in 1869, and the Parishes transferred to Hartley Wintney Union.
Records held at Hampshire Record Office include:
Minute Books 1837-1857
Records of Inmates 1807
Account Books 1794-1828
Inventory of Workhouse 1853
Hampshire Record Office
Tel: 01962 846154
Information submitted by Alan McGowan
Page updated March 12, 2008 by Rossbret