erected in 1837 St Paul's Hill, Winchester. It remained a Workhouse until 1930 when it was transferred to the County Council and maintained by the Public Assistance Committee until the NHS in 1948. It then became known as St Paul's Hospital.
Submitted by Connie Everitt
LINK to further photographs of Winchester Workhouse
Hampshire Record Office,
Winchester. SO23 8TH
Tel: 01962 846154
Page updated March 12, 2008 by Rossbret