The Board of Guardians meet bi-weekly at the workhouse at 11am. The population of the Union in 1891 was 11,387, area 101,341 acres and rateable value in 1900 £99,360.
The Union comprises the following places;
In Herefordshire - Brilley, Byton, Combe, Eardisley, Harpton Lower, Huntington, Kington Urban, Kington Rural, Kinsham, Knill, Lingen, Lyonshall, Pembridge, Rodd, Nash & Little Brampton, Stapleton, Staunton-upon-Arrow, Titley, Willersley, Willey and Winforton.
In Radnorshire - Colva, Ednol, Evenjobb, Gladestry, Glascombe, Harpton, Kinnerton, Llandegly, Llanfihangel-Nantmelan, Michaelchurch-upon-Arrow, Newchurch, New & Old Radnor, Trewern & Gwithla, Walton and Womaston.
|Union Officers 1900|
|Chairman of the Board of Guardians||S. Robinson|
|Clerk to the Guardians and Assessment Committee||Anthony Temple|
|Treasurer||Thomas Grafton Sprague|
|Relieving Officer - No. 1 District||Albert Griffiths|
|Relieving Officer - No. 2 District||Jn. Evans|
|Superintendent Registrar||Anthony Temple|
The workhouse is a large building of stone, erected in 1837, about a quarter of a mile south of the Town, and will hold 100 inmates.
|Workhouse Staff 1900|
|Chaplain||Rev. Charles Edward Craigie|
|Medical Officer||Richard Atherstone Billiald L.R.C.P.Lond.|
|Workhouse Master||James Bostock Roberts|
|Workhouse Matron||Mrs Amy E. Roberts|
Hereford Record Office
The Old Barracks
Telephone:- 01432 260750
Page updated March 12, 2008 by Rossbret