Watford Union Workhouse
The Workhouse was located at 60, Watford Road and was built in 1838. In 1930 it became known as "Shrodells". The old Union Workhouse Chapel became St Barnabas' Chapel in Shrodells Hospital (Watford).
There aren't many records available at Herts Record Office, except Minutes and Committee Minutes, although there are assessment from 1862.
Watford Library hold accounts from 1876 which include some names of paupers.
- Post Office 1846 - p 196
Page updated March 12, 2008 by Rossbret