Link back to main ROSSBRET website


Link back to main ROSSBRET website


Lewisham Poor Law Union and Workhouse

Lewisham Poor Law Union was declared 2nd November 1836 and comprised the parishes of Charlton-next-Woolwich, Eltham, Kidbrooke, Lee, Lewisham, Mottingham and Plumstead.

The Workhouse was erected prior to the 1834 Poor Law Amendment Act on the Lewisham Road.

The new Woolwich Poor Law Union was formed in 1868 from the parishes of Charlton, Kidbrooke, Plumstead and Woolwich.


Page updated March 12, 2008 by Rossbret