The Union workhouse is at Lingwood, & was built in 1836, at the cost of £5810. It has room for 250 paupers. Mr William Henry Codling, of Blofield, in Union Clerk & Supt. Registrar; & Mr Roger Harrison is master of the Workhouse. The Surgeons & District Registrars are Mr Peter Eade, of Blofield, & Mr William Henry Cufaude, of Acle.
Source: White Directory 1845 - p 502
Submitted by Betty Longbottom
The Workhouse became Homelea, a Children's Home.
Records include Minutes of various years, and committee minutes.
Norfolk Record Office
Upper Green Lane
Telephone: 01603 761349 http://www.norfolk.gov.uk/council/departments/nro/nroindex.htm
Norfolk Record Office; Records of Poor Law
Genuki Site of Norfolk Poor Law Unions
Page updated March 12, 2008 by Rossbret