The Union Workhouse was built in 1835, at the cost of £6200, & has room for 370 paupers, but had only 162 inmates in Dec 1844.
Mr Thomas Waters, of Norwich, is Union Clerk; & Mr Thomas Faulkner is Supt. Registrar & Master of the Workhouse. The relieving officers are Mr W Whiting for Henstead & Mr Ezra Parr for Humbleyard.
Source: White Directory 1845 - p 692
Submitted by Betty Longbottom
Records include Minutes 1836-1930.
Norfolk Record Office
Upper Green Lane
Telephone: 01603 761349 http://www.norfolk.gov.uk/council/departments/nro/nroindex.htm
Norfolk Record Office; Records of Poor Law
Genuki Site of Norfolk Poor Law Unions
Page updated March 12, 2008 by Rossbret