Following the Poor Law Amendment Act 1834 Bingham Union was officially declared 9th April 1836.
The Board of Guardians met alternate Thursdays at the workhouse at 3pm to discuss Union matters.
Richard Henry Beaumont, Clerk to the Guardians and Assessment Committee, and Superintendent Registrar.
Richard Henry Beaumont, Clerk to School Attendance Committee
Francis Abel Smith, Treasurer
Joseph Baldock, Relieving Officer
George B. Simmons, Workhouse Master
Mrs Mary E. Simmons, Workhouse Matron
A. Campbell M.B., Medical Officer
The Board room at the workhouse was also used by the School
Attendance Committee who met there monthly.
The buildings have since been demolished.
Castle Meadow Road
Telephone: +44 115 958 1634
Page updated March 12, 2008
Copyright © Rossbret 1999-2002. All rights reserved.