Link back to main ROSSBRET websiteRadford


Link back to main ROSSBRET websiteRadford


Radford Workhouse

Following the Poor Law Amendment Act Radford Poor Law Union was officially declared 9th June 1836. 

The Workhouse was erected in 1837 on Hartley Road, Nottingham.

17th March 1871 ~ Tenders
212 New Radford, Notts. For a Detached Infirmary to the above Union to be completed in four months.
Highest - 2,000 James Wright & Son
Lowest - 1,705 J Clarke
Source: Building News Vol 20 January to June 1871 526 pp
Submitted by Alan Longbottom

Nottinghamshire Archives
County House
Castle Meadow Road
Telephone: +44 [0]115 958 1634

Page updated March 12, 2008
Copyright Rossbret 1999-2002. All rights reserved.