KINGSTON UPON THAMES
The Union workhouse contains 181 inmates.
William Buttery, master;
Mrs Elizabeth Buttery, matron.
Source: Post Office 1846 - p 547
Kingston consists of the following Parishes:
Coombe, Long Ditton, Thames Ditton, Esher, Ham with Hatch, Hook, Kingston Upon Thames, Malden, New Malden, East Molesey, West Molesey, Surbiton, Tolworth and Wimbledon
The main workhouse was in Coombe Lane, Kingston with a branch at
marsh Lane, New Malden called Norbiton Common Farm.
Source: Submitted by Mary Hallett
|Workhouses, List of those visited in 1867 With Name of the Workhouse and numbers of insane, idiotic, and imbecile inmates.|
|Source: 22nd Report of the Commissioners in Lunacy to the Lord Chancellor. Submitted by Alan Longbottom.|
Surrey History Service
130 Goldsworth Road,
Telephone: (01483) 594594
Fax: (01483) 594595
Web Site http://shs.surreycc.gov.uk/
Page updated March 12, 2008 by Rossbret