The Union workhouse in Queens Rd contains 181
Jabez Parry Downing, master;
Mrs Martha Downing, governess.
Richmond Workhouse workhouse was in Grove Road, Richmond in a building originally built by George III in 1786
Source: Submitted by Mary Hallett
|Workhouses, List of those visited in 1867 With Name of the Workhouse and numbers of insane, idiotic, and imbecile inmates.|
|Source: 22nd Report of the Commissioners in Lunacy to the Lord Chancellor. Submitted by Alan Longbottom.|
MORTLAKE - Post Office 1846 - p 558
The late workhouse, an ancient building, has been converted into a National School, affording accommodation for 400 children.
Source: Submitted by Betty Longbottom
Surrey History Service
130 Goldsworth Road,
Telephone: (01483) 594594
Fax: (01483) 594595
Web Site http://shs.surreycc.gov.uk/
Page updated March 12, 2008 by Rossbret